Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Truman inspires...



My life is a TV show...and you are watching it right NOW....

I lay sprawled on the bed,the camera pans in to my puffy face,the creases of the pillow cover etched into my face.A yawn,a stretch,a discreet scratch at the crotch...'They'll probably edit that out later' I tell myself.Zoom Out.Change of scene.I am in my shorts,brushing wearily,I bend over the basin to spit...'This is not a very good TV show,I'd probably be spitting blood,to find out i have lung cancer,followed by my death,and possible resurrection.'.Sarcasm...sells,but so does criticism.Nope,no blood just spit foam and a million spirochetes descending down the drain to their doom.I glance at the clock,a frown, then a resolute look,directly to the camera.Oooo,a plot develops??Don't get your hopes up.This is not a very good TV show.This is the point where a intro theme would be playing,flashing clips from previous episodes ...Sorry.
I am now running,one hand clutching my messenger bag,the other outstretched,trying to clasp the small bar in the entrance of the bus,...Will I,Won't I?This is about as exciting as it is going to get.Don't reach for the remote though...you got his far didn't you??I know,reruns of Full House seems like a interesting prospect right about now.In this show there isn't always a happy ending,and issues are slightly more complicated than DJ getting a zit,I do not always get a moral upliftment at the end.Cheesy,is something this show won't get.Continuing,...I do.Get in the bus that is.The conductor asks for the change,I don't have any,My face turns grim and i eye the conductor. "Sorry,सुट्टे नाहीत" I reply flashing the Rs. 100 note.Ball in your court,man.Expecting jump to Bullet Time(time slowing down,like in the matrix remember??),possible action sequence??He looks like the confrontational type..but just shrugs indicates he will give me the change when he gets it.The writers need to be paid a bit more.* Commercial Break* I see,you are back.There is absolutely nothing on the other channels,is there??Scene evolves into a irate professor expecting an answer from moi.A bead of sweat trickles down the forehead,nervous cracking of the fingers,maybe a rendition of my thoughts added during sound editing..A prompt from below,and a prompt answer....YEAH...triumph for our protagonist... Roller-Coaster of emotions,eh?Our hero(me??!!) is then seen relating the day's victory to his peers,all seems well..Suddenly his cellphone rings(tan ta dhaaaannnnnnn),with hesitation the call is received and camera fades out.......

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOR THE CONCLUSION OF THE THIS WEEKS RIVETING SHOW

My life is a TV show,and I am the only audience...The TRP's are plunging.....



2 comments:

  1. nice work..but needs improve ment


    chek the blog on indian premier league:-

    http://iplchampionship.blogspot.com/2008/04/south-indian-celebrities-chennai-brand.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting!

    Maybe, when you switch on the TV, you can see yourself being shown live on TV, unlike Truman Burbank!

    PS - Think the post could have been more structured, methinks.

    ReplyDelete